Building a sustainable and balanced economy system is a complex challenge. We don’t see too many examples of a sustainable economy model. We believe a healthy and balanced economy is the key to the long-lasting game's success.
Learning from the failures and successes of other developers, we have a vision of the core elements to build a sustainable economy:
- 1.Token utility – a critical part of the economy. The project token has to be deeply involved in the gameplay. This way there is a continuous token demand.
- 2.Free-to-play monetization loops – free-to-play games generate massive revenue by selling in-game consumables and personalization items. Fortnite makes billions selling skins. Mobile games generate lots of revenue by selling battle passes and in-game upgrades. In web3, free-to-play monetization loops add value to players and help to balance the economy. Such mechanics can be used to generate revenue for the treasury and development funds. Also, it helps to extract tokens from circulation.
- 3.Token incentives, not rewards – we saw many examples where uncontrolled token emission and lack of sinks created spiral inflation. Tokens have to be an incentive for the activities that enable the economy and players’ engagement. Leagues and leaderboards rewards create a fair incentive for the players to deeply engage with the game.
- 4.NFT rewards – a significant portion of the rewards being NFTs create a good economic balance. As NFTs are the important drivers for the player’s progression, they will naturally receive value. With more players coming to the game, the overall value of certain NFTs will constantly increase.
- 5.Progression-driven rewards – a direct correlation between the investments and the rewards are a crucial incentive for progression. Players will naturally look to increase their rewards which will require investing in the game. Investments could be time, skills, and money. Progression is tight with the token which closes the economy loop. Players will have to look for the tokens to progress in the game and receive higher rewards.
Wild Forest implements all those principles with the goal of building a healthy and sustainable economy. This will help to attract more players and grow the Wild Forest ecosystem.
We believe that an open, self-regulating economy creates healthier motivations for the players and opens up broader game scenarios and earning opportunities. Players can use their skills and knowledge to collect valuable items in the game and use them or sell them to other players.
Wild Forest's economy doesn't rely on an initial investment. We rely on a progression-driven economy. This means that players’ rewards increase based on their investments. We believe that the game gives equal opportunities for paying and non-paying players. Non-paying players can invest their time and skills in the game and use the rewards to progress the same as paying players.
They can also invest their time in hunting for rare, valuable NFTs and sell them to interested players. We plan to onboard pro players who will create a demand for advanced NFTs to compete in the top charts. This opens up earning opportunities for any player.